Labor Day weekend began with a bang last weekend, as we watched the Bears crush TCU in the final moments of the game! Nathan and I have season tickets, so we will be at many of the home games this year... (that's true love if you know me and my view of football). We stayed for the ENTIRE game (which wasn't that bad because it was actually interesting) and saw RGIII dominate the field.
We sat with Jeffe (who came in town for the game), Graham, Chris, and Sarah which was very fun!

This is how most of the Baylor fans spent the last minutes of the game-- pure anxiety.
The students rushed the field after the final score of 50-48-- it's a good day to be a Baylor Bear! That weekend we were ranked #20! (not sure out of how many or what that means but I know it's good)
After the game, we went back to the Griesemer's new abode and played with McKinley, their precious Golden Retriever.
Saturday morning, my dad and Nathan went dove hunting and fishing at Graham's ranch while I enjoyed my sleep. When they got back, we had a filling lunch at Vitek's-- that Gut Pak is out of this world.
Then we made a few stops at Waco staples like Spice, Academy, Loft, and Dillard's (ok, some of those are not just in Waco, but they sure do remind Nathan and me of when we lived there!). We saw tons of people we knew and Jeffe even got a pair of slacks for $10-- our Cash magic must be rubbing off on him.
Saturday afternoon, my dad, Nathan, Graham, and I went out for some more dove hunting and skeet shooting and had a great time. The guys got some birds although I only got 1 and it got lost in a tree :(
After our time at the ranch, Jeffe headed back to the Shug and Nathan, Graham, and I met up with Chris and Erin at George's for a late dinner. YUM! Nathan and his friends loved George's while they were at Baylor so this was definitely at the top of his list for this weekend.
Sunday morning we met up with Sarah and Chris for lunch at Papa Bear's (my all-time favorite Waco hole-in-the-wall) and then the hubs and I headed back to Dallas.
I have a feeling Nathan and I will surely enjoy our weekends in Waco this fall :) Don't tell him I'm excited about our season tickets!










I definitely miss going to Spice!! Much fun! What a precious pup McKinley is! Glad you had so much fun in Waco.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really fun weekend. Fun to know you have many more to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteGlad you could squeeze that game into your busy Waco schedule! Sounds like it was really fun.
ReplyDeleteSpice...sigh...
Have I told you how thrilled I am that y'all have season tickets to the game?? :)
ReplyDelete