Friday, September 30, 2011

San Francisco part 1

For our anniversary, Nathan and I took a little trip to California!  Hope you enjoy reading about our journey...

We flew to San Jose right after work on Wednesday and drove to Yosemite National Park Thursday morning.  We had this day planned ever since we even mentioned California because Nathan loves trout fishing so much, so of course it was Day #1.

We drove the Volvo convertible which I must admit, was pretttty nice :)



Yosemite was just beautiful


El Capitan--  We even saw two sets of climbers on this thing... they must be crazy.



Once we got to the park, we went to the visitor's area where they have a full grocery and gift store, grill, sports store, art gallery, and a few other stops.  We then decided to tackle a hike to the Lower Yosemite Falls-- I double-checked with a member of the wilderness staff that this was not a difficult hike-- 1.5 miles round-trip?  Not a problem.


Well then my adventurous second half decided it would be fun to climb boulders to get to the actual falls...
It made for beautiful pictures, though.



After our hike, it was time for some trout fishing!  Well, Nathan fished and I read Shopaholic Takes Manhattan.  I also had a little photoshoot with my angler.





We had a fun and relaxing day (although no trout were caught) at Yosemite!

After our day with nature, we headed to a hotel in Manteca for a good night's sleep before we ventured on to San Francisco (after a late night bite at N-and-Out Burger!)...

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! You're a good wife to go fishing and hiking to the falls. Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great adventure!
    I totally approve of photo shoots of anglers:) Very good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe you grew up with an "angler," and NOW you're married to one?!! Being with our husbands sometimes involves being very adventurous!

    ReplyDelete