Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PCBC

Well Nathan and I have officially joined Park Cities Baptist Church and we are loving it!  We visited the Newlywed Class for quite a while, joined the class back in May, and officially joined the church in July.  It's a bigger church than we're used to but we're enjoying our group of friends in the Young Married Department.  They have so many volunteer opportunities through their 1:8 ministry and lots of fun activities for us to plug into.

Last Sunday, Nathan and I went to a Crazy Cards party with our Newlywed Class-- kind of like Spades but you move around to different tables and change partners.  We actually won the game which is hilarious because I am the worst game player around.  When I was little my parents miiight have bent the rules a little bit for me, so I am not the best player nowadays...


I have also gotten connected in a Newlywed Bible study with a group of 8-10 girls.  We just finished the book: Power of a Positive Wife by Karol Ladd which I highly recommend!  It was nice to be able to talk about our lives with people who are in similar situations.  I am so blessed to have these girls in my life!

Karol Ladd is the one in pink-- she came to speak to the Young Married Department ladies and was fabulous!

Nathan and I went to church to stuff backpacks last Wednesday so they could pass them out to kids on Saturday.  We ended up stuffing enough backpacks so that 1200 kids could have a fresh start for school on Monday!




We also went to the annual "Hymn Sing" at church which was hilarious-- Nathan is an old soul so of course we had to go to the old time worship.  I am pretty sure we brought down the median age quite a bit!  Everyone was blurting out hymn numbers to sing (and it got a little fiesty) and inbetween the hymns, a number of quartets and groups sang.


You can tell that we love this church and we are enjoying getting involved in all aspects!  Park Cities has definitely helped our transition to Dallas and we are so thankful to be a part of this group of believers.

4 comments:

  1. Answered prayers of praying parents:)

    You were quite a good card player as a wee one. Now the board games...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered that book! So glad to hear someone else liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blessing to so many. It does a parent's heart soo good to see their precious kids loving the Lord. We love you guys!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the bunko party you had for your birthday one year!! Good times.

    ReplyDelete