Sunday, August 7, 2011

THE dresser

This is before the dresser was ours... It was at an estate sale as a part of a bedroom set that looked very retro.  Nathan was so excited to show me this piece because it fit all the descriptions that I had for our new TV stand in the living room.  I was really unsure about it... I just couldn't picture it in our new home... But I trust Nathan so I gave it a chance.  And for $50, I figured what the heck.


Once we loaded it in the truck and unloaded it back at the house, we set it up and I decided I loved it!  It looked so much better out of that dingy room at the estate sale and in our living room.  All it needed was a new wall color behind it to really make it pop...


So here's the dresser with our Ginko Tree accent wall!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's fun, funky, and homey all in one.  I'm thinking maybe one day I'll refinish the whole thing, but for now it's perfect just the way it is.  It definitely has good bones and I just love it.

It sure is an adventure shopping at estate sales-- some days you'll find absolutely nothing and then some days you'll find the perfect piece.  But sometimes you just gotta take a chance on a piece you're not sure about and let it "wow" you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the birdcage just ties it all together!
    Can't wait to see all your things in person...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I need to visit your cute new house sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably would never have taken a chance on this piece, but I absolutely LOVE what you've done with it! It looks perfect as a TV stand, and your vision is spot on! Tell Nathan I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think I have this same dresser and I bought at an estate sale over 8 years ago! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete