Thursday, August 25, 2011

Girlfriends

"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half cracked."

A while ago, Shay had a bunch of girls over for a Cooking Club night which she saw on this blog-- everyone brought a dish to go with the Italian theme.  We ended up with quite a bit of tomato and cheese dishes as you can tell!  We had an artichoke/olive/pepper salad, bruchetta, tomato filled with goat cheese, lasagna, and I brought a caprese salad remix (tomatoes, mozarella, and pesto sauce-- thanks to Aunt Anne!).


It was fun trying new recipes and getting all together!  Shay was a wonderful host and I look forward to having the next one at our new place!  I am really excited to bust out the wedding dishes (finally)...  You can bet that I will be using all of my servingware as well to display everything.  The theme is "appetizers"!





A few weeks ago, Caroline and her family invited Nathan and me over for dinner and swimming!  It was great catching up with the Pieratts... hearing about Ryan's first year at Tech and Caroline's first few months out of Baylor.  I'm glad we're closer to each other now so that we can get together more often!
Thanks for loving me even though I might be half cracked!

2 comments:

  1. The half-cracked part is what everyone LOVES!! I never noticed it though, I'll just have to take your word for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds yummy.
    Love you, cracks and all!

    ReplyDelete