Thursday, March 3, 2011

Living with a boy

On 9.18.10 I obtained a roommate.  A permanent roommate.  Not only a roommate, a male roommate.

I truly enjoy living with my best friend-- there is always someone who will listen to me, always someone to laugh with, and someone to jam to Lady Gaga with.

Ok, that last one was a joke.


With a male roommate, there are sweet little remnants that he leaves around the house.... Such as tennis shoes and socks in random spots.


There are always little neon green boxes sitting around with those space-alien looking controllers.


But then there are some things that surprise me, like coming into the living room and seeing my roommate ironing his shirts for the week.  If I ask sweetly, sometimes he'll even iron my blouses :)


Oh wait, then you'll look around the corner and the toilet seat is up and there is no toilet paper on the roll.....


Ok, back to my sweet roommate.  He is quite a sharp dresser.  I enjoy seeing all of his coats lined up in the closet-- all the colors and textures could make an Family and Consumer Sciences girl go wild.


Then occasionally I'll see his outdoor gear set out in the living room, ready to be taken on an adventure.  He loves to fish and hunt with the boys.  So much, he will drop anything to go on one of these adventures.


And then there are these colorful little things sitting around everywhere... I am just amazed how much sports knowledge is in my roommate's head.

Stay tuned for my sweet roommate's perspective about living with a female!


3 comments:

  1. Male roommates are so much fun to have! But DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT trying to teach them to put the toilet seat down after use. It just isn't in their nature to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, this post is so cute! My soon-to-be male roommate is already moving a few things into my apartment and I'm beginning to experience only a small bit of what you're living with. I can't wait for the rest of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, cute.
    Can't wait to see his version in Part 2!

    ReplyDelete