Last Saturday, Nathan and I spent the day doing some pretty Dallasite things! Maybe it was the camera around my neck or the tennis shoes on our feet, but we looked pretty touristy...
First we started out in the Bishop Arts District, a quaint little area filled with boutiques and restaurants in the middle of Oak Cliff. We had lunch at Lockhart's and browsed the farmer's market then headed on to the Crow Museum of Asian Art in Downtown Dallas.
They had a great collection! It was family day at the Crow, and we were quite envious of the little munchkins that were getting their faces painted... it was like they were being bedazzled--- bright colors and even glitter! I wish I were 5-years-old again. But, I digress.
Then we went across the street to the Nasher Sculpture Center where we saw an interesting collection of art... Including plastic soda rings... And we saw a Picasso. No big deal.
We then went to Nadeau, a hip furniture store in Dallas, because we are just so. very. hip. And we came home with a coffee table! I had been wanting one since my sweet Patriot likes to hide under things, so this was just perfect for him. Oh, and for us.
We had another fun Saturday yesterday! It was beautiful outside so we headed to Rubial's flower shop and the Farmer's Market. Just perfect.
My sweet Patriot got to tag along with us-- he loooves flowers, as you know.
We love going to the Farmer's Market... There's a lady there who mix & matches whatever you want for $6 a bucket. And by bucket I mean enormous grocery bag. So we came home with fresh broccoli, onions, potatoes, green beans, and corn on the cob. It's nice that she offers that because normally the vendors sell by the bucket-- and I'm not sure if you know this, but two people cannot eat 8 pears, 25 chilis, 6 squash, etc. in one week (esp. since my second half isn't fond of most fruits)
We had lunch while we were there, which as you can imagine, was delicious. We even got to have a little picnic dessert by the flowers.
After that, we ran some errands around Dallas--- and while we were out, we stumbled upon a Blockbuster going out of business! While it is very unfortunate that so many Blockbuster locations are going out of business, I really enjoy their going-out-of-business-sales. That means candy 60% off! I don't really care about buying DVD's or games, but movie style candy? Heck yes. Fortunately, we stumbled upon it's second to last day which means the best sales, so we left with a bag full of Everlasting Gobstoppers, King Size Reese's, and Sugar Babies. Whenever it's a Netflix night, you can bet that we'll be pulling out some candy from our Blockbuster sale.
And no, this was not my first Blockbuster going-out-of-business-sale Rodeo.
We ended up at First Chinese Barbeque in Richardson, TX for dinner.... They have the best Chinese food I have ever had. That is quite an honor in the Molly book! I'll have to blog about that place another time because it is just. that. good.
Yay for great Saturdays!

Cute post. I love the picture of Pate and the red flowers. We need to come visit and go to some of these places (not the museums!).
ReplyDeleteI'll have to call when we visit my MIL, and you can tell me exactly where that Farmer's Market is. Sounds like my kind of place. Well, I'd love the flower market, too!!
ReplyDelete