Friday, March 11, 2011

Fishing and pedis

Nathan and I spent a weekend apart.  Gasp.

Crazy, I know.  But we survived.
My parents bought me a flight to hang out in The Shug 2 weekends ago and Nathan drove to Broken Bow, Oklahoma with Graham and my dad to fish.  A wonderful weekend was had by all!

In Sugar Land, I went to my high school friends' shower which was so much fun!  Alye and Eric are getting married in April and I know it's going to be a beautiful wedding!  It was great catching up with a lot of Clements High Schoolers, especially because I hadn't seen many of them since graduation!




All of the Clements grads




Since my dad was fishing with the boys, my mom and I had lots of fun girl time!  Girl time consisting of Valentine's chocolates, Crave cupcakes, mani/pedis, shopping, and eating out.  We got to be with Betsy and Brian, too, and see their renovated dining room!  One of my favorite things to do when I go home is get a mani/pedi with my mom, sister, and grandma... It's what I like to call family fellowship.

I'm so glad we got to stop at Crave to get a delicious strawberry cupcake--- I wish they would open a store in Dallas but I guess it'll just be a Houston treat until then!  Last summer, Nathan and I got to taste test cupcakes for our wedding (we ended up choosing 6 types to be served on a ginormous cupcake tree) so this was nice to go back and reminisce.  


While this was all happening in The Shug, this is what Nathan was up to...




Jefe with one of his catches.  I can't imagine 12 hours of fishing, but apparently that's fun to these boys!


We both had a great weekend with friends and family!  When I came home, my sweet hubby that I hadn't seen allll weekend, had vacuumed, steam cleaned the floor, folded towels, and put up the dishes!  Maybe we should spend the weekend apart more often???

2 comments:

  1. Fishing or pedi...fishing or pedi...hmm, such a hard decision.
    Glad you came to The Shug for some girl time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a miracle! Leave town...clean house! Wow!

    ReplyDelete