Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Social butterflies

First of all, congratulations to my friend Shay, who got engaged last week!!!  I am privileged to work with her so yes, we had a screaming session in the office on Thursday when she told me about the proposal!  So excited for you and Adam!  Let the planning begin!


Thursday night, Mary, Rachel, and I went to the Baylor Women's Network event at Anthropologie!  We had a great time browsing and looking at all of the "spring trends."


Saturday was Rachel's birthday so what better way to celebrate, than get a pedi!?  


After a bite to eat, we headed over to Rubial's flower market and the downtown farmers market... Poor Rachel has grown up in Dallas and has never been to either!  Saturday was drop dead gorgeous, even a smidge hot, so it was a great day to be out. 


I just can't get enough of these pinky/yellowy hydrangeas... Makes me wish we had a yard!  I guess I'll just have to drive around neighborhoods and admire from afar.  I'm pretty sure Nathan is a happy camper we are sans yard.


The farmers market was spectacular as always! 


Saturday afternoon, Nathan and I ventured out to the Dallas Flea-- a very hippie mixture of vendors selling home goods, clothes, jewelry, etc. (remember we are hip, right?) then we visited furniture stores.  Furniture shopping is not my favorite thing to do, but we'd like to have some new furniture for our little home so unfortunately it's a must.  And because we are Cashes, that means we search quite a bit for the best bargains!

That night, we met up with Rachel, her family, and Kelsey & Ethan for more birthday fun!  We had appetizers and played Balderdash at Rachel's house then continued the celebration at Benihana's for a delicious dinner.  Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day, Rachel!

Sunday we went to Fuddrucker's with our Sunday School class and then had dinner with our friends, Nate & Michelle at Bangkok Inn.  Bangkok Inn is one our new favorite places--- nestled between Skillman and Greenville, this little hole-in-the-wall holds about 20 people and is delish!  We also visited their new home-- love it!

Such social butterflies, aren't we???

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all are having a lot of fun!
    I don't know where in the world you get your love of a good flower market...

    ReplyDelete