For a few weeks I had been hearing about marriage conferences on the radio since Valentine's Day was coming up (apparently it's a popular time to host a marriage conference?). I researched some online and sent Nathan a link to A Lifelong Love Affair at Gateway Church in Southlake with Jimmy Evans. He said it looked cool so I booked it! Turns out this marriage conference, and Jimmy Evans (of MarriageToday) are a pretty big deal. We were one of thousands of couples there (maybe hundreds? I couldn't tell but it was a lot).
We SOOO enjoyed it! It was Friday night and Saturday morning-- 4 sessions total. We learned a lot and really enjoyed listening to Jimmy. The church was enormous (it had its own gift shop) and was decorated in a shabby-chic love theme by a local antique store. I wish I had taken pictures of the cute decorations but I was too busy shopping in the MarriageToday store.
At the end we renewed our vows (I had never thought about doing that but we thought hey why not?) with the other thousands (hundreds?) of couples in attendance. I cried. I cried at our vow renewal but not our own wedding. How very odd. It was a special moment that we shared after two days of learning and growing together. Presh.
After our super mushy conference, we had lunch at Zoe's Kitchen for the first time and finished with a Kincaid's Hamburger chocolate malt. Delicious! I shared (a little bit).
Then Nathan took me to Dirty Dillard's-- Sweet! We should go to marriage conferences more often! Carraba's on Friday and Dirty D's on Saturday? What is he thinking? I think he really loves me!
I came home with a few goodies from the conference including a swag bag with some of MarriageToday's resources (We've already started the One couple devotional) and a few LOVE t-shirts that I bought.
Valentine's Day was celebrated on Monday (not Thursday the 14th) because that week was crazy busy. After a quick bang trim and a blowout at the Drybar, we had dinner at Hibiscus which was absolutely delicious! I think that's my new favorite restaurant. Nathan gave me some really cute earrings from a boutique in Oak Cliff and Nathan picked out a rugged watch for fishing.
On Valentine's Day (Thursday), we went to Sam's soccer game and dinner with Sam, Peter, grandma, and my mom since they were in town. We ate at Liberty Burger which was really good! Their onion rings were perfect.
Afterwards, I convinced grandma to go the Sfuzzi with me so we could meet Sean Lowe, of The Bachelor, who was hosting a late night party. Turns out he was getting there a little later than we anticipated so we went back home. Since he lives in Dallas, maybe I can meet him another time!
That was a wonderful (and fun-filled) Valentine's week!

I loved reading about your week of love:)
ReplyDeleteWe weren't able to attend the conference, but we bought the online link to watch the sessions for the next month. We've watched 2 of the 4 sessions and we are learning so much!! We definitely want to do a Vision Retreat soon!
ReplyDeleteonly Molly could find a church to shop at. really nice blog.
ReplyDelete