Friday, February 22, 2013

February




February has almost come and gone!  I've really enjoyed this month of love... Nathan has it pretty rough because he knows how much I like February and Valentine's Day but he did not disappoint.  One Friday night he took me to Oak Cliff where we ate dinner at Lucia-- Nathan's been wanting to eat there for months, but since we were in the area we figured we'd pop by to see if there was an open table (it was only 5:30) and there was!  We had a salumi and cheese platter, raw scallops over risotto, and duck.  It was a very interesting meal!  Nathan enjoyed every bite which made me happy.  On the cheese platter, there was a big spoon with a creamy cheese and it looked like brie so I took a humongous bite off of the spoon and almost gagged on the spot.  It was the most potent cheese I've ever tasted.  I almost spit it out but held my breath and chewed.  That was definitely something we'll both remember next time we get a cheese platter... Nibbles are the best option.




One Sunday afternoon, Nathan and I watched an Undercover Boss marathon.  That show makes my heart happy.  The bosses always find terrible things wrong with the company that they want to try to fix and the people that they work with (many times the low man on the totem pole in the company) end up getting money, vacations, etc. for all the hard work they've done.  Love it.  This lady was so happy she cried-- I'm pretty sure I'd cry if I had just gotten scholarship funds for my kids.



I want a little Keuring so bad!  I don't drink coffee but I love the idea of having a Keurig for apple cider, hot tea, hot chocolate, and whenever anyone wants coffee when they're over.  I don't really drink apple cider or hot chocolate but maybe I will start so that I can justify owning a Keurig.


Valentine's Day threw up in Walmart!!  Love it.


Nathan and I looked at a house one day during lunch and we ended up eating at a little taqueria afterwards.  I love adventurous trips with the hubs.


Kelley had a beautiful wedding shower a few weeks ago!  Lots of fun Baylor friends were there to celebrate Kelley's soon-to-be wedding in March.  I love seeing what she registered for-- such beautiful things!  It did make me realize I'd like to find some nicer glass goblets for special occasions.  Any ideas ladies?


My all-time favorite gift of the day was the Kitchen Aid Mixer!


2 comments:

  1. Cute post.
    I love my Keurig, you daddy loves Undercover Boss and we all love taqueria food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those little Keurigs just the cutest? I've been threatening to get one to take on vacation (we're driving, of course), because the coffee in hotel rooms is so awful, and I sure don't want to have to get dressed before I have my first cup of the morning! I cry every single time I watch UB. And the food at the taqueria looked massive on the plate. Love, love, love my Kitchen Aid! Couldn't live without it now. Wow! Lots of fun stuff to comment on!

    ReplyDelete