So a few days after Betsy, Brian, and Kinsley left to go back to Waco, my mom came into town! I told you it was a week full of family fun.
We of course hit up North Park Mall, La Madeline (not many people enjoy this place as much as we do), and came home to watch What to Expect When You're Expecting. Hilarious.
Saturday we decided to take a trip up to McKinney, TX and boy, am I glad we did! It was seriously the cutest little town full of antique shops, restaurants, and clothing stores. It had lots of charm and was a perfect place for a mother-daughter trip.
We ate at Snug on the Square then hit up tons of shops!
We saw a wide variety of things from a contraption used in cremation to a candy and popcorn bar...
Then I got to meet a famous person... Kendi Skeen, owner of Bloom and blogger at kendieveryday.com
I was a little flustered (read: star-struck) but I was able to muster up the courage to ask for a picture. Impressive, I know. She was really sweet and her store had a lot of fun, trendy items, including a top that came home with me. Thanks, Mom, for being my sidekick.
Like I said, McKinney has the cutest stores!! There were so many shabby chic finds-- from mason jar soap dispensers to burlap and lace on pretty much everything, it was heaven.
We both didn't end up with much, but I left with this cute little red cart! It's in our living room with some colored glass (of course) on it and a heart doiley banner. Perfect!
Sunday we had brunch at the Uptown Breadwinner's, one of my mom's favorites, and had a mini photoshoot around Dallas. It's nice having a photographer in the family!

I just love your little red cart! And I really love the fact that you put it in your living room...so shabby chic!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun weekend. Thank you, mini-me!
ReplyDelete