The end of November was a little rushed because Nathan and I left for Peru on November 30th. I was determined to get our NEW Christmas tree up before we left so we could enjoy it the second we got home from Peru. Nathan reluctantly got it out of its cardboard home so that my mom and I could decorate it. It was nice decorating the tree this year with my mom who enjoys the ornaments as much as I do (or maybe it's the other way around?).
We turned on Michael Buble Holiday on Pandora while my dad and Nathan silently played Xbox. We chatted about almost every ornament-- where it came from and any significant story about it. We buy an ornament in every city (and country) we go to so it was quite entertaining. Nathan's mom gave me some of his ornaments when we first got married so those made it to the tree as well.
This dog just makes me laugh. Out of the entire bathroom floor, he chooses to squeeze his 65 pound body onto a stinkin bath mat while one of us is in the shower. Goofy.
Isn't he handsome?
Since we weren't going to be attending any of the Advent services at church, we made sure to go to the Advent "kick-off" before we left for Peru. It was a great service incorporating all of the PCBC ministers as well as youth choir. Nathan and I miss those youth choir days!
Pretty tree at PCBC
This is my new favorite Christmas decoration in our house. I used Nathan's fishing tree (it has fishing lures all over it), cinnamon pinecones, and put them in a wire basket I got at an antique store in Waco. Very "Orvis" don't you think?
This is at our last trip to Walmart before our trip! The new huge Walmart in our neighborhood has this special escalator made just for buggies. Presh.
Ashley and I enjoyed our "last supper" at Oishii before both of us headed out of the country. It was her first time there, so I enjoyed introducing her to my favorite meal.
And last but not least.... November 30th we started our Peruvian adventure!

Loved decorating your first big tree together.
ReplyDeletePatriot makes me laugh.
Your coffee table decor looks like the front of a magazine...glad you saw potential in that rusty wire basket!
I can't to see that Walmart escalator in person!