Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bears and grocery carts

The week after Christmas was also a fun one!  Ok, I feel like I say that most every week.  I think that's a good thing. :)

We went over to the Roush's house to watch the Baylor vs. UCLA bowl game with a bunch of other Baylor people.  Definitely a fun night!


We went to the Dallas REI early Saturday morning to check out their quarterly garage sale which is where they resell a bunch of items that have been returned for various reasons (something's wrong with them, they don't fit, etc.).  We had to wait 30-45 minutes to get in, but once we did, they had sleeping bags, shoes, tents, clothes, camping accessories, etc.  It was crazy!  We ended up getting a backpack, Chaco's, hiking boots and a few other things for about 80% off retail price!  We went to the Plano REI afterwards and got a few more things (clothes mainly).  It was definitely a fun experience!


Like I said, we went to Plano to go to REI, and we also made a few stops: Trader Joe's and La Madeline.  I have never seen a larger, more crowded La Madeline!!  I told Nathan  "these are my people!!"  We rarely make it above 635, but after our little trip up to Plano, I really like it!!  It's like the Sugar Land of Dallas.

After our Plano trek, we piddled around to Allen where we stopped at a Cabela's (or one of those other outdoorsy stores) and Nathan left with a bright green kayak.  He's been looking for one for over a year now, and this was a great deal.  It's a fishing kayak, too, so it's perfect for him.


Now we can actually go kayaking together!


On Sunday we visited Toys R Us to find Miss Kinsley a Christmas gift.  I never knew one-year-olds were so hard to buy for!  I wanted to get play food or groceries, but there were so many (yet also so little options!).  Not many are suited for a one-year-old, so that made it limited, but the ones that were made for little ones weren't what I wanted.  We ended up finding this precious little purple and pink grocery cart (its sturdiness passed Uncle Nathan's test) filled with a few play food bottles and cans.  I added some boxes from our pantry to make it a real grocery cart.  Here's Nathan putting it together while listening to music...




Here's our Christmas card for 2012:  It was a little late since we had been traveling so much, but it included pictures from Peru which I'm happy about!

It says: Merry Christmas-- Wishing you a very merry Christmas and an adventure-filled New Year!  The Cash Family  Nathan, Molly and Patriot
Here's my Christmas card wreath-- it is full to the brim this year!!  We might have to get two for next year!  I like to keep it up year-round and look at all of my friends and family's sweet faces. 


3 comments:

  1. Glad Nathan found a kayak that fits!
    I love that you keep your card wreath up year 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinsley loves the grocery buggy and containers. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Nathan was getting some good experience putting the toy together. Might come in handy someday.

    ReplyDelete