Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The win over K State!

Last weekend, N and I headed to Waco for the game against K State... With rumors on ESPN that we might have an upset, it was looking to be quite an interesting game.

We started off shopping at Junque Queens and having lunch at Sironia-- Yes, it's a tea room, but it is delicious!  My hubby rocks for taking me there!


Then we piddled around Waco going to some more "junque" stores and Bloom and Bee Swanky, a personal fave.  It's really popular nowadays to take old furniture and give it a facelift with some paint and distressing-- throw in some burlap and/or lace and you're golden!


After shopping, Nathan indulged my love of Ninfa's and took me for some iced tea, chips, and salsa.  Now that's a happy hour.

Then we headed over to Cayla's tailgate before the K State game where we hung out with the Wright's and Griesemer's.  We also visited Matt Smart's tailgate.




The game was FREEZING!  I'm so thankful that Chris and Sarah brought us some cold weather accessories to keep us warm.


The game was also intense!  We ended up killing K State 52 to 24 and right before the end of the game, people in the stands starting piling up, ready to storm the field.   After the game was officially over, it was so fun to see all of the fans in utter excitement and surprise :)






I don't think I've ever been on the field after a Baylor win (we didn't win often...) so Nathan and I pretended we were like youngsters and enjoyed the win from the field!




2 comments:

  1. Shopping, favorite restaurants and a Baylor upset made for a very fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have GOT to go to Junque Queen's some day. I get all their pictures of new merchandise on Facebook, and I'm just taken with it all!!!

    ReplyDelete