Monday, December 31, 2012

Thanksgiving

I'm sorry I have been MIA!  Nathan and I were in Peru for a little over two weeks, then we had a week at work before we were on the road again to Tyler to be with Nathan's family for Christmas, and now it's almost 2013!  Crazy!

Here is a recap of our Thanksgiving in Waco and Dallas...

We drove down to Waco late Wednesday night where we stayed at Betsy and Brian's house. We woke up Thursday and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and sifted through all of the Black Friday ads.  Betsy and my dad were busy in the kitchen working on lunch.

Showing Kinsley the parade balloons
Black Friday ads wear Patriot out...
Kinsley loves putting on makeup!





The Thanksgiving lunch was delicious, of course!  That afternoon, we parted ways: half went to the park with Kinsley and half went shopping.  You can guess where Nathan and I went :)  We hit up CVS and Michael's Thanksgiving sales to get ready for our trip to Peru.

That night, Betsy and my mom went to Toys R Us while I went to Target.  We all waited in very long lines (see Target line below) but I was in and out pretty quickly!  I got Betsy a blow-up mattress and some markers (for Peru) and sheets for myself.  Kinsley got an outdoor cottage from Toys R Us!


Friday we stopped at Baylor before we all drove up to Dallas.  Patriot and Bailey got to chase the squirrels and meet the bears!


Then they held hands on the way back.  :)


That night we all met up at Uncle Brian and Aunt Anne's to eat dinner and hang out together.  We had a mini photoshoot, too.
Peter, me, Kinsley, Betsy, Sam





Saturday we had lunch at Hop Doddy's-- a great new burger place in Dallas (where I was getting lots of Kinsley kisses) and then we headed over to Cowboys Stadium to watch Baylor defeat the Red Raiders.  But before we even left the parking lot, Kinsley needed her diaper changed.  This is the most white trash diaper changing ever!!  Please note, that is not even our car that my mother is leaning against.







Stay tuned for more family photos during Thanksgiving...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I enjoyed Thanksgiving all over again reading this. Even the crazy parking lot diaper change. I love how you showed K the ropes of watching the Macy's parade. One day we will all do it in person...again:)

    ReplyDelete