A few weeks ago, my sweet friend Cayla and I had a girls weekend in New York City! We flew in on a Thursday, Cayla left that Sunday and I left on Monday. A perfect little getaway!
We stayed with a friend that went to elementary school with both of us which was really fun.
We started Friday morning off with an early trip to The Today Show to see 98 Degrees perform-- I don't think Nick Lachey has aged in ten years. Did you know the last time 98 Degrees performed was ten years ago?? Brings me back to my middle school days.
We also saw three Olympic athletes-- two wrestlers and one swimmer-- I've never seen an Olympic gold medal in person so it was pretty neat to see those honkers.
After our trip down memory lane, we went on a Fashion District tour which was simply a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
We went to about seven designers' workshops and were able to try on and buy from each shop. We met three of the actual designers, too! All of the items were wholesale price which is what buyers for department stores pay, so it was much cheaper than you'd see anywhere else. (still expensive for me, but you know what I mean...)
This scarf designer sells to Anthropologie
Cayla had really good luck with a number of items!
I ended up buying a rabbit scarf from Linda Richards-- and yes, she helped me pick it out and I literally bought it from her. And yes she designed it. And yes here I am wearing it with my pajamas. So awesome. It's an infinity rabbit scarf so I call it an "updated investment piece"
After our shopping tour (which wore us out!), we met up with Jackie and her boyfriend and went to dinner overlooking the Hudson River.
We went to bed early to rest up for day #2!

This made me smile.
ReplyDeleteHurry up and post more!
How much fun!! Nice that y'all could get together again. Can't wait to see your scarf in person!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Just a weekend jaunt to NEW YORK CITY!?
ReplyDelete