We've been house hunting for the past SIX months... Crazy! I feel like all we do is drive around town looking at neighborhoods, houses, and all the good and bad areas. It's kind of exhausting. I am definitely ready to find a place to call OURS that I can decorate, paint, live in and enjoy. Until then, we'll keep searching...
So here are some pictures of what all we've seen...
A neat aquarium in one of the houses we were looking at.
One of the biggest trees we've seen-- that's Nathan and our trusted realtor, Lance.
This is the backyard of the house we ALMOST bought. We loved this house and thought this was "the one" so during this big step in our lives, we asked our parents to come to Dallas and help us through this process. My dad actually came 30 minutes after I got off the phone with him and we went to see the house at an Open House the next day and Nathan's parents were actually driving from New Mexico to Georgia and made a pit stop in Dallas to help us with this decision as well. We all talked about the pros, cons, price, etc. and Nathan and I decided to put an offer in! It was such a blessing to have our parents there to talk about this huge decision-- we've never bought a house obviously, so we definitely wanted the advice of our parents!
We ended up getting the house which was very exciting!! So we celebrated a Benihana's...
And started looking at furniture...
But after a number of days of waiting due to some issues on the seller's side, we finally had the inspection and figured out this was definitely not the house for us. There was a number of issues wrong with the house, including foundation, plumbing, electrical, and pool-- so after much prayer and consideration, we decided to terminate our contract.
So since then we've been looking for another house but haven't found the right one yet. I'm sure we will sooner or later, God is just working on the perfect one for us.

...and wouldn't ya know it, He put that perfect one in Waco. Yay God!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're scripting your own House Hunters series. Not "show" but "series"!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the little yellow cabinet! I can just picture that in a house you decorate. Get it!
ReplyDelete