A purple ruffle long-sleeve cardigan, a navy cardigan, baby pink leggings with lace, blue/white striped leggings, and a cream long-sleeve shirt with ruffle/button detail...
I got all of this at The Children's Place for little miss K. And guess how much I paid for all of it??
$8.11
You read that right... $8.11! I think Kinsley is going to be styling this fall in her cute new clothes! The cardigans will be great for a quick cover-up in a cold restaurant or store-- they are my favorite.
How do you find cheap baby clothes you may ask?
I probably would have a different outlook if I actually had a baby of my own, but here is my philosophy... Buy clothes in the off season that they will eventually grow into. I have bought Kinsley the cutest clothes because I shop the sale racks (and ONLY the sale racks) often and look for stuff in a size she will eventually fit into. Now I don't go and get her a size 12-18 month swim suit because by the time she'll fit into that, it'll be fall/winter, but I would look for jackets, long-sleeve tops, etc. that size from the previous season or year that I know she'll need.
Before Kinsley was even born, I started stocking up on clothes that were on sale. My favorite places to buy baby clothes are The Children's Place (good for basics) and Gap (good for more cutesy clothes). I love Gap because they have an extra % off sale quite a bit.
Another key to finding cheap baby clothes is shop often. This can sometimes get me in trouble because I'll find so many cute things I want to buy, but I have to practice patience and wait until they are heavily discounted to buy them.
This spring I bought Kinsley a precious onsie that said "Princess of Naps" for about $4 and a tulle and lace cream dress for $6 or $8 (originally $50 I think). I had been eyeing those for a while and when they were finally the right price, I snatched them up. I bought a size 6-9 months so she could wear them this summer and they fit perfectly.
Obviously if I had a child, I would try to buy ahead of time as much as I could, but I understand sometimes a kid needs a sweater and she needs it now... There is no time to bargain shop, you have to go buy her one that fits, end of story. But, if you're like me and have a niece, you can stock up a drawer for future baby clothes and mail them every few months for a little surprise :)
I almost forgot to mention... Shop garage sales for great baby clothes, too! Check to make sure they look pretty new (no stains-- gross), wash, and wear. I got Kinsley the cuuuutest velour pant suit (hardly worn) from a garage sale for next to nothing.

Every little girl needs an Aunt Molly.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to do a photo shoot in her tulle/lace dress. I have ideas...
Girrrrrrrrrlllll, there you go again! You've definitely given some excellent pointers. I'm looking for you to have one of the best-dressed kids around due to hand-me-downs!
ReplyDeleteBest. Aunt. Ever. Love those new clothes. Ugh, I wish I could find deals like that. Oh well, I'll just leave that job up to you! Thanks for loving Miss K so much!
ReplyDelete