Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentine's Week

I {heart} February.  I {heart} love.
Because of these statements, Valentine's Day is a pretty big deal around the Cash household.  I have my Valentine's tree up with little red heart ornaments as well as shiny red garland and a big picture on the kitchen table of Nathan proposing to me.  I take February very seriously.

To celebrate Valentine's Day this year, we turned it into Valentine's Couple of Days... Monday, Nathan took me to the Galleria to walk around/shop and to have dinner at Mi Cocina.  He is not a fan of the Galleria nor Mi Cocina, so this was very sweet of him :)  I love walking around the mall, perusing all of the sale racks, and just chatting with my hubby.

Tuesday (actual V-day) was interesting... we had planned on going to Oishii (our favorite sushi place) for dinner but Nathan had to stay late at work to finish up some stuff on a case.  He got home later than normal so we decided to go to Alfonso's, a local Italian restaurant that is super cute and quaint.  We came back to the house and watched The Bachelor (that's true love) and exchanged gifts-- I told him we could go and pick out a fishing reel at Orvis that he's been wanting and he gave me a top I'd been eyeing at Bloom Downtown (the blogger, Kendi Everyday, owns this store in McKinney and has an online shop) as well as a Bonsai tree (we have to go pick it up from China Town though).

Lace top from Bloom Downtown

Valentine's Couple of Days was perfect this year-- I am so blessed to have an amazing hubby that loves me unconditionally and that tolerates my love of February.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all are so precious! So glad God brought you two together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and sweet! What more can I say...

    ReplyDelete