Saturday, March 17, 2012

Basketball/Sing weekend

I'm sorry I've been slacking in the blog update world!  Life has been very busy lately at work for both of us and we have had lots of friends and family in town visiting.. so stay tuned for a number of posts...

Last month, Nathan and I visited good ol' Waco!  We went to a men's basketball game in the morning (they played Duke and just barely lost) where we met up with my dad, Cayla, Sarah, Chris, and Sarah's dad.  I love going to Waco and seeing people I know- I feel like I never know anyone in Dallas when we go out!



After the game, we went over to the Baylor Bookstore and found some pretty sweet BU items--




I love seeing all the new Baylor items whenever we go to Waco... they always come up with the cutest things.  Nathan's been eyeing a Baylor helmet set for some time but at $1000, it's not going to happen.

After we went shopping, my dad, Nathan and I headed over to Taqueria Arandas for a little dinner!  We didn't have much time to eat since we were going to Sing soon after, so this was our best non-fast food option.  And it was a-mazing.  Nathan and I went once in college and really liked it, but this time was even better.  We got huevos rancheros, pancakes, and tacos al pastor-- yum!



We went to Sing afterwards-- we were so lucky to get tickets because they were sold out online.  I went to the box office Saturday afternoon (right before we got dinner) and was able to get 3 tickets for the THIRD ROW!  They were awesome seats-- I love being close up and seeing everyone's faces as they perform.  The top three were
1. Kappa/Kappa Sig (Masquerade)
2. KOT (miniature people)
3. Tri Delt/ATO (Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts).
It was really fun to watch and rate the acts with my dad because he is quite the singer.  He loves him some good harmony.

The funniest act by far was SAE's... at one point in their act, 4 guys in mailman costumes went up to the front and played recorders while another guy was saluting with a horse mask on.  Truly hilarious.


It was a short but fun trip to Waco!  So glad we could see family and friends while we were there.

Below is a picture of Nathan watching Baylor men's basketball... he's "yes'ing" right after a Baylor win!  He's too funny to watch while Baylor sports are on. 

4 comments:

  1. It's neat y'all live close enough to Waco to have Saturdays like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Family, food, fun, shopping, and basketball all in one blog post! Actually, all in one day! Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baylor weekends ;) Kind of makes me miss it, but glad we can go back for a weekend, and then go BACK home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun!! Nice to have a place like that to go visit.

    ReplyDelete