Monday, March 19, 2012

Visitors and Waco

A few weeks ago, my mom, dad, sister and little nugget of love Kinsley came to visit us in Dallas!  They got here Thursday night so of course we had to take them to a Dallas-y restaurant for dinner... we chose Kathleen's Sky Diner and it was delicious!  Their crack fries (shoestring potatoes served with spicy mustard and ketchup) were simply amazing.

When we got back, K got to take a bath with me!  Her bathtub chair or whatever it's called didn't fit in the car so I got to hold her while her mama gave her a bath.  And boy was she slippery!

Afterwards, I got to hold her as she fell asleep.... Betsy and I sang to her to and I realized I need to brush up on my kid's songs!  I started singing Silent Night because that was the only slow song I knew...


Friday, unfortunately Nathan and I had to go to work but I took half a day off so I could hang out with everyone.  We all met up for lunch at Velvet Taco where Kinsley showed us how much she likes standing on tables.  And those eyes, oh goodness, they light up a room!



Afterwards, all the girls went shopping in Snider Plaza then at Northpark.  Kinsley just loooves shopping with the girls :) One day I'm going to teach her how to bargain shop like her Aunt Molly...




After our rounds at the mall, we met up with the rest of the family at Jeng Chi in Richardson.  This is Nathan and my new favorite Chinese place!  {If you ever go, get the dumplings and hot and sour soup}  Nathan, being the adventurous eater he is, got pig ear to start with which was very... chewy... but hey, almost everyone tried it!


Here's everyone at dinner...

My mom, Kinsley, and Aunt Anne
Betsy and Sam-- cousin twinkies
Me and Peter-- cousin twinkies
Uncle Brian and my dad
Nathan

When we got home, I got some Kinsley sugar then we had a bath and went through the whole routine again...



Saturday morning, we got to play with Kinsley (she is most awake/cuddly in the morning) and so did Patriot!  She is just the cutest thing if you can't tell.


We left Dallas Saturday morning and drove to Waco where we met up with Brian and had lunch at George's.  We all went over to the Men's Basketball game where we beat OU!  After the game, we went on the court where Kinsley got to meet Bruiser!




Kinsley even got to meet the bears (yes, we might be brainwashing a 4 month old...)



Betsy, Brian and Kinsley left after that to go back to the Shug but my parents stayed with Nathan and me to piddle around Waco a little longer...  We went to Bloom and Bee Swanky where my mom got me this precious top and then we had dinner at Ninfa's.  I don't know what it is about the Waco Ninfa's but it really does rank high in my Tex-Mex restaurant book.


It was so fun having everyone stay at our house!  Hopefully Miss K will be able to come up on her own one day and hang out with Aunt Molly and Uncle Nathan :)

2 comments:

  1. You're right...those little K eyes really do light up a room! I'm glad to hear Aunt Molly is going to teach her those "famous" bargain-shopping techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! Kinsley is going to call y'all Uncle Fun and Auntie Good Times when she can finally talk. So many sweet memories you are making!

    ReplyDelete