Friday, February 10, 2012

Lately

Nathan loves hiding from me.  He really enjoys scaring me, too.  When I come from work or somewhere and he's already home (which rarely happens), I send Patriot to check out the house so he'll rat on Nathan before he scares me... when I am home and in another room he will sneak up on me... really, any time we are not in the same room, he tries to get me.  I'm not sure why he gets so much pleasure out of this little game-- maybe it's because I giggle and say "stop iiiiiiiit" really cute-- but lately he has gotten pretty creative.  The other day I found him behind our couch... after I checked all the closets and behind all the doors, I went into the living room and saw our couch at an angle off of the wall.  Of course, I sent Pate to go check it out and sure enough I found him sniffing Nathan on the floor behind the couch.  Crazy crazy boy.


As you know, Pate looooves snuggling in bed.  We normally let him stay with us on the bed for a few minutes before we actually turn out the lights to go to bed, and he really enjoys that time with us.  Whenever we tell him to go in his dog bed, he closes his eyes to pretend he's asleep and he gets realllly heavy.  We try to push him off and he just growls because he wants to be with us.  He makes me laugh :)


Last Friday, Nathan and I went to Dirty Dillard's in Irving for a little shopping trip.  I had to convince him to go and boy, was he glad he went!  Look at these signs in the men's suit section:


He ended up getting a bunch of manly/westerny/casual button-downs for $2.99 (originally $75) and a Hickey Freeman blazer for $60 (originally $900).  He wears blazers every day at work and those button-downs every Saturday and Sunday, so it was a successful trip!  (I've decided to do a research project on why women's clothes never have a good sale)

I stumbled upon an amazing taco stand by the Farmer's Market-- great lunch place during the week.


Last but not least, here's another picture of Pate but this time it's at the Laundromutt!  It's his doggy daycare and he loves it! (at least I think he does)  He gets to play with dogs all day long and comes home exhausted so I think that's a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. Nathan comes by that hiding thing honestly! Randall is always hiding from me! It keeps things exciting, I guess. Fun!
    That Pate puppy is a sweetheart. I'm glad y'all let him snuggle with you. Give him kisses from me! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete