After a great Christmas and Bowl fun in San Antonio, Nathan and I came back to Dallas to relax and have some fun on our own before going back to work. We had about 3 days to just chill which was lovely!
We started out Saturday with a lunch date at Neiman Marcus... Sounds hoity-toity, I know, but I was reading a Dallas girl's blog called Monograms and Manicures and she had talked about what a great holiday buffet Neimans had. I googled it and after days of trying to find an availability, we had a lunch date set for New Years Eve. I'm so excited we were able to go! We had never been to the Downtown store so we looked around for a little bit, gawking at all the prices of clothes, and then made our way to Zodiac. We enjoyed a buffet full of salads, salmon, turkey and dressing, roast beef, and all the fixings. It was delicious!
For dessert, we got a sampling of Neiman Marcus favorites (we could ask for more if we'd like but we were pretty full!). Overall, lunch was delicious and the people-watching was great-- I'm hoping to make that a Cash tradition every year :)
After lunch, we went to the Dallas Arboretum (for the first time!) and we had SUCH a good time! The weather was perfect and although there weren't many flowers blooming (besides my cold-loving Pansies), it was still beautiful. I want to go back soon (I'm foreseeing a Cash family membership there) and bring a picnic to overlook White Rock Lake... In February, there will be 100,000 tulips-- I'm so there.
For our New Year's Eve dinner, we met up with Graham and Erin who were in town! We went to our favorite Chinese place, 1st Chinese BBQ and had a delicious meal.
We finished the night watching all of the New Year's Eve festivities on TV with some Martinelli's Sparking Cider and my great-grandparents' crystal classes.
New Year's Day, Nathan and I piddled around Dallas... We stopped at Dillard's because they were having a big sale that I got an email about that morning... 50% extra off already reduced prices. Since Dillard's only puts items on sale 40% and 65%, this extra % off meant 70% off or 82.5% off original prices-- great deal!!
We drove up and saw cars EVERYWHERE and could not find a parking spot... I had Nathan drop me off so I could see what was going on and when I walked in the door, HUNDREDS of people were walking around the store with loads in their hands. I had no idea how they found out about the sale (and the early opening) because I hadn't read anything about it until that morning.... But, anyway, there were swarms of people in the shoe department, hoarding boxes and boxes of shoes. I decided to skip the shoes (yes, it was that bad) and went to the purses and clothes. Purses were pretty much gone but I found a great dress and top. Nathan found a $1500 suit in the men's section that was on sale for $250. We left happy but exhausted!
January 2nd, Nathan and I went to Waco for the men's basketball game vs. ATM-- we had lunch with the Griesemers and Musgroves, met up with my dad who came into town, and then ended up at Common Grounds to wait until the game started. We ran into Caroline which was a nice treat!
The game was intense (as always!) but we ended up with a great win against the Aggies!! Chris got to announce quite a few promos during the game, including a golf one where Sarah hit a golf ball down the court in hopes of making the putt for $5,000. Unfortunately she didn't get it but it was fun seeing them on the big screen!
Tuesday we went back to work and got back in the swing of things... Here's to a wonderful 2011 and an even better 2012!

I enjoyed your weekend just reading about it!
ReplyDeleteMy Nikon and I would love to join you at the Arboretum during tulip time:)
Only TWO colors in that shoe?? :0D
ReplyDeletethe arboretum is also really fun in the summer...they have a summer concert series on the lawn...overlooking the lake...sounds like something you would enjoy!
ReplyDelete