Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Part 2

Christmas at the Dethrows... Doesn't it look like Pottery Barn/Southern Living??


Christmas morning, we all woke up and got ready (a tradition that my sister and I started at our house... we're girls and we need to look cute on Christmas morning... duh...) then took some family pics before opening stockings.

Kinsley's first Christmas was so fun!  We unfortunately didn't get a picture of her in a stocking but we did get tons of other pictures of her.  I love the pics of her in the Bumbo in her Christmas getup...


Bailey checking on her to make sure she's all right :)
Our little family in front of the tree!






Kinsley opened her stocking first... She got a lot of cute little toys that her parents picked out!


After we all opened our stockings, it was present time!  We always take our time opening presents-- everyone watches the person opening their present then we move onto someone else... 3 hours of present-opening is much more fun than rushing through the presents I think!

I gave my parents and grandma a copy of our wedding album!  We also gave a copy to Mom and PF as well as Sue Ellen and Randall.

Kinsley got a precious little Gap jacket from us... I'm sure she was thrilled!

And the best picture of all... both sets of families went in and got Nathan an Ipad!!  He was shocked (as you can tell)!



My mom made us beautiful Shutterfly calendars with pictures she's taken...


We took a little break to entertain Kinsley and get a snack....


Then more present opening!  It was also Grandma's birthday so we got to celebrate Jesus AND Grandma!  My mom made her a BEAUTIFUL book of her trip to New York City with my dad and uncle.  She had such a great time and enjoyed reliving the trip through the photo album.



Nathan, Brian and I went to see Mission: Impossible and then we all came back and had a wonderful Christmas supper with Toni, the Smarts, and the Mongans.




Here's the gang (minus the Mongans)





After dinner, Nathan and Kinsley played with her new puppet!  She loved it!


It was a fun and relaxing Christmas!  So great to be with family and friends and celebrate the birth of our Lord!

2 comments: