Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Part 1

Our Christmas break started on Thursday afternoon (the 22nd) and lasted until Tuesday January 2nd.... It was a long and wonderful time off!

We drove down to Sugar Land Thursday afternoon and had dinner that night at Betsy & Brian's house where we got to play with 2 month old Miss Kinsley... We actually did that quite a bit while we were in Sugar Land as you can see in the pictures :)

Friday the boys went to play golf while the girls piddled around (we did a lot of that too!) then we ended up at the Apple store where my mom, sister and I all got Iphones.  Merry Christmas to us!  We all had really old Blackberry phones so this is like a whole new world for us.  And yes, Kinsley matched her Aunt Molly!




Friday night we all went to Target for our annual "shop for each other's Christmas stockings" event.  We split into teams and bought a few little last-minute gifts for each other   then went to dinner at Genghis Khan for a little Mongolian food.



Saturday morning Nathan and I went to Orvis for some last minute Christmas presents... Interesting Nathan ended up with some gifts for himself!



Friday evening was the Christmas Eve service at South Main.  I always love this service because you see lots of old friends, the story of Christmas is told with beautiful songs, and Silent Night being sung by the whole church with candlelight is just breathtaking.  This year Betsy, my dad and I sung in the choir together which was a treat.

After the service, we all went to the Randolph's house for our annual Christmas Eve party--- it's so fun seeing all of these families and fellowshiping!

The "adults"
The "kids"
I got to hold Miss K a bit... Love her fancy Christmas dress!




Then we all came home to relax a bit-- play on my new Iphone mainly :)  And Patriot reminded us he was still hungry.... That dog makes me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I just love reading about your sweet family! You're all just so darn cute....including Patriot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to read more....hurry and post part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A precious time to be with family.

    ReplyDelete