Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More shopping tips

After finding all of these pictures of "good deals," I realize that shopping is more than an occasional activity.  It's a hobby.  So, being the bargain shopping professional I am, I will share some more of my secrets with you.

Another tip for savvy shopping is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALES.  I have talked about my love for going out of business sales here, but I have more proof that those are the best sales out there.  But you have to be PATIENT.  The 10-30% off store kind of sales are for novices, you gotta wait till the 80-90% off.  And that might mean going back frequently to check up on things and how the sale is progressing, but it's all part of the hunt fun.

Nathan and I hit up Swoozie's going out of business sale last summer when all Swoozie's nationwide were dunzo.  We ended up spending $60 or so on Crane and Co. stationary, resume paper, and other cards that were worth about $600+ total.  Great for Christmas presents (just ask our family!), invitations, etc.  Nathan and I had so much fun buying all of this, too!




Here's a picture of some earrings I bought at Dillard's for $1.99 each.  You got that right, $1.99 each!  I have NEVER seen a sale like that before, especially at Dillard's, so I hopped on it.


Nathan and I went to the annual sale at Spice (in Waco) a year or two ago and ended up with some great stuff!  MOST of these items were gifts and most were around $1 each-- including a girly game that my mom used at her annual girl's beach trip, a koozie that my grandma loves (not pictured), and lots of other little things.


Lastly, Nathan and I stumbled upon a huge sale at Dillard's in Waco a few years ago... Apparently Dillard's stores all over Texas dumped their leftovers in Waco, so it was the sale of the century.  On the last day of the sale, all men's clothes were $1.99.  That's right, $1.99!  Nathan ended up with shorts, a Polo Hawaiian shirt (although it has never been worn), slacks, etc.  I think he ended up spending $60 on $800 worth of clothes.  Now THAT'S a deal.  How is it that men's clothing goes on sale so much more than women's?  That's a whole different post...

I'll keep you updated on other great bargains the Cashes run into in the future...  It's always an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. You should be a professional shopper for some really rich lady! THAT would be your dream job! ...love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete