I wish that I could tell you that I completed a DIY project... Buuuut I didn't. My sweet husband sure did, though! We were at an estate sale a while ago and I saw a hideous looking lamp- brass stand with an old moldy shade but these two pieces of white bubbly glass (hobnail milk glass) were on there. I thought it had good bones and I'm a sucker for bubbly glass, so when I saw that it had a sister lamp, I was sold. We ended up getting them for free (it's that Cash magic we have) because they just wanted to get rid of them. Cue giddy excitement. Nathan said he would have to re-wire both the lamps because they were so old, and last night that's exactly what he did. Cue amazing husband who can fix things.
He first painted all of the brass pieces from the old lamps a turquoise/blue color (which will be our accent color in our bedroom when we move) with three coats then put it all together and voila! I believe it took much longer than I'm making it out to be, but it was worth it because the lamps look amazing! I love the retro charm they have and can't wait to finish them up with lamp shades.

SO CUTE!! I love DIY projects. Congrats on the new house!
ReplyDeletei love the color! do you have a picture of what it looked like before?
ReplyDeleteI love them, they're too cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks y'all! No, I wish I took a picture of the lamps before Nathan fixed them up... they looked like they were headed to the dumpster!
ReplyDeleteThose are stinkin adorable!! Love love love
ReplyDeleteI foresee a side business for the Cashes.
ReplyDeleteTres chic!
Oh...my...gosh, Molly (and Nathan), these are SOOO CUTE! I love bubbly glass, too, and you surely have a creative eye for re-creating it into something marvelous! Once again, you're my DIY hero!
ReplyDelete