Friday, July 22, 2011

Painting

So it's time.

It's time for all the painting/packing/moving to begin.  We about one week to be out of our apartment and into the house.  Oh goodness, don't say that out loud, it makes me nervous.

This week has been our busy week trying to get the new house ready for the move-- our nice landlords have allowed us to come over before our lease starts to paint and store some big furniture-- so we've begun painting!

I was very excited about painting because, well, I've never actually painted anything before.  I mean, I have painted the outside of houses while on a mission trip, but never inside... with a color... in my own place...  Nathan says I was in for a rude awakening because it's not as glamorous as it sounds.  I was excited and ready to begin once we got to Home Depot to buy the supplies, but that lasted about 15 minutes.  After looking at 20 shades of gray and 10 different types of rollers, I was ready to call it quits.  So by the time we got over to the house and had to lay down the drop cloths, stir the paint, prep the roller, and tape the baseboards (gag me), I was officially done.

My job in the whole process is to paint the baseboards and door frames.  Who knew that that could take so long?  I'm definitely ready for a massage after sitting and hunching over for hours.  Nathan's job is to paint the accent wall in our living room and all of the walls in the bedroom.

We're painting the accent wall in the living room "Ginko Tree" which is a mix between yellow, green and brown-- perfect for our funky/homey vibe we're going for.  Our bedroom is getting a coat of "Wood Smoke" which is a light grey and will go well with our funky turqouise lamps.  Nathan's doing a great job painting and is very patient with me throughout the whole process.  I just hope whenever we move to another house it will be "move-in ready." :)


Patriot even graced us with his presence after his beauty treatment at Petsmart.  He's a good helper and follows me all over the house while I paint the baseboards.


Here's me painting the baseboards... Obviously I haven't been doing it for very long, hence the smile.


But really, the house is looking MUCH better and we're very happy with the colors we've chosen.  It'll definitely be worth it in the long run to have a comfy, beautiful house.

Next week will be super busy considering... we haven't packed one. single. box.
Oooh wow...

5 comments:

  1. We are so proud of y'all and excited about your new house! Nathan - painting???!!! Can't wait to see it. It will be worth all the work. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you have Pate's help because you definitely got the harder job.
    Just wondering when Nathan will realize Molly doesn't pack to move until the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just picked gray and greens! Cant wait to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color scheme! I think you were a little quicker than your mother in choosing your colors....sorry, Marth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I can't wait to paint walls! :)

    ReplyDelete