Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wifey

On Sunday I packed the portable Pyrex filled with baked beans and off we went to our newlywed Sunday school class party!  Us and about 15 other couples gathered to eat and fellowship (and watch the Mavs) which was lots of fun!  We're definitely enjoying meeting new people and developing relationships with other couples.  


On Monday I scheduled another "First Monday" dinner for us at the Screen Door (modern Southern restaurant in the Design District Downtown)... We had duck chorizo tacos, lamb sliders, and chicken liver patte as well as fried oysters and crawfish dip with Tabasco crackers.  Quite a spread!


It's very fun to go to a new restaurant with Nathan-- or just try something new-- because he has such a positive and adventurous attitude (he'd be a great food judge).  I wanted to take a picture and this is what he did-- look to the left of my ear and you'll see him in the mirror.  (note the jacket I'm wearing-- yes, it's the $3.70 one from ATL)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week!
    I wore my jacket like that to dinner tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your willingness to try new foods. Not sure I'd be quite that adventurous...even though I love food -- A LOT!

    ReplyDelete