Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another weekend in Dtown

Another wonderful weekend!

Friday, Nathan and I had a weekend full of nothing... How can that be?  We had no plans but were busy little bees-- driving all over Dallas to go to garage/estate sales, the Farmer's Market, Everything Bundt Cakes, Taco Diner, a cute pet shop where we almost came home with 5 German Shepherd/St. Bernard mix puppies, Studio Movie Grill and finally back home.  Yes, that was ALL on Saturday!

I always love the Farmer's Market... we didn't buy a thing but we still had such a fun time.  Patriot loves it because all the little kids pet him-- and he gets samples of fruit Nathan doesn't eat.


And we loooove the flower market, too.


After a delicious lunch at Taco Diner, we went to Everything Bundt Cakes where we used a coupon for a free "bundtlet" which tasted like a big cinnamon roll.  Yum!


And of course we went to the mall...  This was pre-Mavs' championship, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of these blue shirts around.


Sunday after church, we went to Tuesday Morning (ok four Tuesday Mornings) to find a piece of furniture I had been eyeing.  It was such a bargain and I know it will look great in our next place!  I think it can either be used in a living room, entry way, or bedroom so I know I'll find the perfect place for it.


After Tuesday Morning, we went to a lady's house to check out a cool hutch she had on Craigslist and ended up buying it!  It was of course a wonderful deal and we have been looking for the perfect hutch for our new place for quite a while now.  No pictures yet--- it's being stored by our wonderful friends, Nate and Michelle, in their spare bedroom!

We ended Sunday with a little cleaning (see below), Bible Study, and Mavs vs. Heat game.  We may or may not have watched the last five minutes of the game because the Heat was losing...

3 comments:

  1. We must have just missed y'all at the Farmers Market on Saturday!! I was shopping at North Park on Monday and went into LOFT and looked around for you, you know...just in case. I think this is a sign that we need to get together soon!

    Love all the furniture. Does this mean you've found a place to live yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that new piece in your apt. and can't wait to see the other one. Y'all sure keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new piece of furniture! It reminds me a lot of the buffet I have in my dining room.

    ReplyDelete