Monday, June 6, 2011

Wedding music

So today I was thinking about our wedding, in particular the music at our wedding...  My mom and I picked out the organ music (which was a fairly simple task thanks to her fine taste in music) and we had two songs that were actually sung.  Nathan's mom sang "Somewhere in the World" by Wayne Watson.  The words are so sweet!

Somewhere in the world today
A little girl will go out ot play
All dressed up in mama's clothes
At least the way that I suppose it goes
Somewhere in the world tonight
Before she reaches to turn out the light
She'll be prayin' from a tender heart
A simple prayer that's a work of art

And I don't even know her name
But I'm prayin' for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart
Cause somewhere in the course of this life
A little boy will need a godly wife
So hold on to Jesus, baby, whereever you are

Somewhere in the world out there
That little girl's learnin' how to care
She's pickin' up her mamas charms
Or maybe, swigin' around in her daddy's arms
Somewhere in the world to be
Through the future's not real clear to me
Theirs could be a tender love
Grounded in eternal love above

So we started out the ceremony with that precious song (I'm pretty sure there were some teary eyes in the audience!) and ended with this song sung by my dad and three other men from SMBC called "The Lord Bless You and Keep You"


The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord lift His countenance upon you,
And give you peace, and give you peace,
And be gracious unto you, be gracious,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you,
The Lord be gracious, gracious unto you.
Amen.

 I may or may not listen to our wedding CD at our apartment.  when Nathan's not home.  turned up really loud.  all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Loved it then....REALLY love being reminded of it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pretty & meaningful wedding music!

    ReplyDelete