Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Best weekend

Last weekend was by far the best weekend we've had in Dallas...

Hooked, aren't you?

Well Friday night was relaxing-- we hung out at home and watched tv/movies.  It's always so much fun on Friday nights to stay up late when you don't have a THING planned for Saturday morning.

Saturday was quite busy but it was very relaxing as well... We woke up kind of early because our old, working selves can't sleep very late anymore... and headed out to bunches of garage/estate sales!  Patriot even tagged along in the back of the truck (ears flapping in the wind, and all).  Although we have no room in our 900 sq ft apartment for a huge armoire or dining room table, we hope that in the coming months we will!  I guess we're just window shopping estate salers for now.  We did buy this precious table and chairs from the Humane Society's garage sale in Deep Ellum because I wasn't a huge fan of our old set.  This rug below is the rug that Nathan bought for me for $50 at Target although it was priced at $250 (looong story-- maybe that should go on the next shopping tip post).



After our adventures and some Chick-fil-a breakfast, we headed over to Taste Addison-- a fun family event with tons of restaurant samplings.  We tried Texas de Brazil, some Thai food, Tiff's Treats ice cream sandwich, and lots of other great food.


This is me trying the ice cream sandwich.  Yum.


We ended the weekend playing golf with Nate and Michelle at Twin Creeks golf course.  I think the last time I played golf was 2 years ago with Nate and Michelle in Waco so I was a tad bit rusty!  Although I had some mean putting skills-- even Nate was impressed :) 


I think I bought my golfing shirt whenever Nathan and I were dating and I was trying to woo him by trying to golf with him...  Apparently it worked :)


What's a blog post without a snuggly Patriot picture?


Relaxing weekends are the best, especially when they are spent with your best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. Now y'all need to come have some fun in The Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE dining set...and it goes great with that deal of a rug!

    ReplyDelete