I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to blog about our weekend in Mexico Uvalde.
The family went down to Uvalde about a month ago to have a nice, relaxing weekend. We enjoyed shooting, good food, and just lounging around.
We also went hunting (Brian, Jeffe, Nathan and I did at least)-- Annnnnd I brought my Nicholas Sparks book... Everyone told me I wouldn't be allowed to talk at all, and that sounded quite boring, so I brought a book to read in the blind.
I think Nathan would say I was a pretty good blind buddy... But I didn't go back- Once was enough!
Dad and his girl
The blind we were in
The Dethrow/Cash/George clan loves to shoot!
My mom was QUITE excited about hitting the clays.
Here is my artsy picture of Betsy and Baby G. My mom was having a photog session with her and I got to snap a few pics as well. Speaking of photog sessions, my mom has begun the sweetest ministry of taking peoples' pictures. She took some of the families that were in Uvalde with us, families we have known for years, and she sent them a CD with all their pictures on there. Some people have never had a professional family portrait or just high-quality photos of themselves in general, so this is quite a cool thing she's doing! My mom has done this for other people and they are very touched by it. Keep up the good work, mama.
The WHOLE fam in Uvalde. See the trees behind us? Oh wait, there aren't any :)
My dad, Brian, and Nathan were all lucky enough to shoot a hog each (Brian got 2!). I even got to help clean one of them. Poor Nathan shot a hog that was a liiiiittle too tiny so it didn't make the blog. Tears would have been cried if you saw it.






You're a hoot, Mahoot.
ReplyDelete