Yesterday was a joyful day for the Cashes.
We joined the Newlywed Class at Park Cities Baptist Church after months of searching for a church home. We have been to a few events with the class and have been visiting on Sundays for a while now, so joining the class was an exciting, joyful step for us. We have already met a number of great men and women in the same life stage as us and we look forward to developing these relationships.
Side-note: We went to a guys night/girls night with the Newlywed Class a few weeks ago-- the guys went to a Rangers baseball game and the girls made pizzas and looked at each other's wedding albums. LOVE it.
After church, we went to lunch with Cayla since she was in town for the weekend. We went to a dive hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant in Oak Cliff which was delish. Love hanging out with her!
Sunday night I went to my first Bible study. Surprising, I know, but I have never been involved in a Bible study outside of Sunday mornings. We had 6 girls there-- all new grads, new to Dallas, new to the working world-- and it was amazing. I know this is going to be a great experience and I am going to learn so much about God, His Word, myself, and these women. We're doing Beth Moore's study on the book of Esther and I can't wait to dive in! I left last night feeling fulfilled, hopeful, and joyful for what is to come.
When we first got there, Katy had gotten Pei Wei to-go and she brought us all fortune cookies... Mine went something like this (although I can't find the original):
"Honesty and friendship bring you good fortune"
Joyfully going to bed now. Happy birthday, MKPD!


Sarah and I attended the "Nearly Wed" class at PCBC, and that's even where we're gettin' hitched. So I guess come June 4th, I should count you and Cash among those who won't need directions. Sweet.
ReplyDeleteThe Temple Ladies are studying that same Esther book, mini-me:)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you and Nathan! I did that Esther study by Beth Moore last year and loved it! Wish we were in the same city... :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this study, Molly. TL's have had some interesting discussions this year about application and insights from Esther!
ReplyDeleteSo glad y'all have found a church home now.
Enjoy the adventure of growing and learning!