Nathan LOVES to go to Oklahoma to fish... Sometimes he just gets antsy being in the big city, so he goes to Oklahoma to clear his mind and catch some little fishies (or he'll go with my dad who introduced him to Broken Bow). Which is fine because when he goes, I can stay home and hang out with other friends or catch up on some "me" time. It works out for the both of us :) The last time I went with him was in 2010, so I guess it was time for me to go again.
Well I won't be going again any time soon since I came home with not one but TWO ticks. Disgusting.
Here are some pictures of our outing... It was quite different than his normal fishing routine (leave at 4 am come back at 11 pm). We left around 8 am, got there and fished for an hour then I got hungry so we had lunch (normally he fishes through lunch), then took quite a few more breaks and finally left around 7 or 8 pm and got dinner on the way home. I'm not really into fishing so I went kayaking for about an hour and wrote thank you notes for a chunk of the time.
Pate came with us which was fun and not so fun.... he obsesses over watching Nathan in the water. He wants to BE in the water all the time but the fishies don't like that. We had to tie him to a tree on the bank which was not his idea.
I think I'm glad fishing is a "Nathan thing" and not a "Molly and Nathan thing"-- some hobbies are just not meant to be shared :)

Daddy and I read this together and laughed so hard! Guess you need to retire your cute fishing pole and tackle box:)
ReplyDeletep.s. love this pics
Agreed!!
ReplyDelete