Well, lots has changed in the working world for me these last few months! I left my job at Vogel Alcove and took on a new role at Buckner as a Shoes for Orphan Souls Coordinator. I have currently been there for a month and love it! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work for such a wonderful ministry but am sad to have said goodbye to all the families and staff at Vogel Alcove... They were truly my friends and treated me like family.
My last day, everyone threw me a "farewell party" with the theme "farewell to our fashionista"-- they each brought an item and laid them all out so I could go "shopping"! They knew I love shopping at thrift stores so they thought this would be like shopping at my own store! It was such a fun surprise a day I will never forget. There were lots of yummy desserts eaten and sweet words said.
I know that God has great purpose for me at Buckner and I look forward to all that is in store!
Speaking of my sweet Vogel Alcove friends..
Ms. Alice, one of the teachers there, gave Nathan and me some of her leftovers from Easter lunch! She knows that I am not necessarily the best cook, so she wanted us to enjoy some of her good cookin'. And boy was it good! We had ribs, purple hull peas, dressing, hot water cornbread and collard greens. Ms. Alice's genuine kindess is something that I will definitely miss!!

That is the most creative farewell party I've heard of. So very Molly.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing all the good works you will do at Buckner. You always did love shoes...