Monday, May 21, 2012

Extreme Thrifting

Warrenton=Extreme Thrifting
 Last month, Nathan and I met my mom and dad in a tiny Texas town called Warrenton, TX to go on the biggest thrifting adventure of my life!

Nathan and I drove about 3/4 of the way to Warrenton and stayed in a hotel so we could get up bright and early to meet my parents in Warrenton.  Pate was in good hands while we were gone-- read Shay's blog post HERE on our sweet Patriot and their new dog, Rye!

We were there all morning and most of the afternoon, got a huge sunburn, but left with a few good purchases and lots of fun memories!

Some of the little "shops" were beautifully decorated, bohemian-inspired tents...


While others were just junk thrown onto a table and into buckets.
Nathan and my dad found at least ONE spot they liked-- antique fishing equipment.  They were such good sports!!


Like I said... literally junk thrown into buckets... at least they were organized!!


I left with a sweet and simple stained glass and a galvanized watering can-- I think those were some of the only things bought between the four of us!

For lunch, I had a delicious smoked turkey leg but to top it off, I had an iced tea snow cone.  Literally the best drink I have EVER had.  Whenever my mom and I open up our own snow cone shop, that will be on the menu for sure.


After about 6 hours of sifting through stained glass, colored glass bottles, old doors, Fenton glassware, and everything else under the sun, it was time to call it a day and head to Sugar Land for Easter!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with your mom MANY years ago when we stopped at THE ONLY shop in Warrenton. Amazing how time changes things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider it a privilege (and a maternal duty) to have introduced you to the joys of Warrenton!
    Might make it an all girls trip next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you finally made it to Warrenton! Glad you found some gems in all the chaos!

    ReplyDelete