Monday, May 7, 2012

My little munchkin and Ft. Worth

Last month, we met up with Betsy, Brian and Kinsley since they were in town for a wedding!  We met up at Mi Cocina and enjoyed spending time with them before we headed on to Fort Worth for a getaway afternoon.  My little munchkin was just as precious as always... A little timid and quiet, but still wonderful.  Since we don't see her very often, she is always in a new developmental stage whenever we do see her... this time she was really interested in silverware and glasses-- working on her fine motor skills!

I'm hoping in the next few years (or maybe more-- whenever her parents let her fly to Dallas on her own!), we will get to have Camp Cash with her.  Nathan and I are going to take her to lots of interesting foreign restaurants, take her on rollercoasters, and take her bargain shopping (just to name a few).  Doesn't Camp Cash sound like fun?? :)


After lunch, Nathan and I drove to Fort Worth for the afternoon... We began our adventure at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens where we walked around the public gardens, private Japanese gardens, and then the butterfly sanctuary.  I enjoyed the butterflies quite a bit although it was pretty muggy in there.




After that, we headed over to the Fort Worth Stockyards-- a very popular place for both Texans and non-native Texans.  We loved walking in all of the boot shops!  Hopefully one day we will be able to both get a fun pair of cowboy boots.


We finished our afternoon in Fort Worth by eating at the famous Kincaid's Hamburgers!  Nathan had heard about this place from the Roadfood Book so we had to stop and we are very glad we did!  I got a milkshake and it was literally the best I've ever had!!  Here's an online version of the Roadfood Book (a staple in our household): www.roadfood.com


I think that little "getaways", whether they are 45 minutes away for 4 hours away, are so important to our marriage because we get a great chance to reconnect while driving (we have the best conversations in the car!) and we get to explore new places together.  Where should we go next???

3 comments:

  1. I want to go to Camp Cash! Well, not the rollercoaster part...I would be traumatized.

    Grapevine has a quaint historic downtown area and isn't far from you. Also Grandbury has a cute town square with lots of shops and restaurants. Probably not a lot of bargains, but neat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camp Cash sounds great! Can I sign up? Your next outing should be to the east - maybe Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're getting a lot of interest in Camp Cash. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete