Saturday, June 2, 2012

Disney World Day 1

Back in April, my parents, Betsy, Brian, Kinsley, Nathan, and I packed our bags and headed to Disney World!!  We've been wanting to go on a big family vacation for a while and my parents figured this would be this best time since Kinsley is not crawling, walking, getting into things, etc. and since Nathan and I are now married and don't have to share a room with my parents :)  Haha

We had three rooms at The Coronado Resort which is owned by Disney World... it was a beautiful property that had a Mexican villa theme carried throughout the architecture, pools, and on-site restaurants.

Nathan and I got in really late on Wednesday night so Thursday morning I slept in as did my mom, Betsy, and Kinsley.  The boys were rarring to go so they left around 7 or 8 AM to get a head start.  We ended up getting to the park around 11 AM (after a bus feeding adventure with Miss K) and took our pictures in front of Cinderella's castle.  Nathan, Randall, Susie, Ryan, and I went to DW back in 2009 which is where we got engaged so I was very excited to go back as a married couple!  Remember this post?? 






Little bit LOVED Disney World... She flapped her arms and legs like crazy in It's a Small World as if she was saying "Weeeee!!!"  She was so much fun to watch.



Unfortunately it poured down rain almost every day we were there... so we invested in the famous Disney World poncho.  I think we bought these last time the Dethrows visited DW in the early 1990's except they were yellow with a big Mickey Mouse on the back.



But we didn't let the rain stop us!  


We went to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon where the boys and I rode Tower of Terror and Rock'n Rollercoaster (with an Aerosmith theme) which were awesome.  I've grown to love rollercoasters, even with a mother and sister who refused to ride one almost their entire life :)  





Like I said, Kinsley was just as precious as she could be while we were in DW.  We all took turns watching her while the others rode rides-- ok now that I think about it, I think Nathan and I rode all the rides so we never really pitched in with that part... but we were good babysitters during meal times and while we were waiting in lines!  Kinsley got to ride a few rides like It's a Small World, Peter Pan, and she attempted to sit in It's a Bug's Life....  Tough cookie.


We went back to the hotel for dinner and swimming for a perfectly relaxing night after a busy day.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your version of this. More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun!! It's such a fun place to go! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete