After driving around Carmel then Monterey the night before, we decided that we definitely wanted to come back to Carmel! It was so quaint and precious (although quite pricey). Nathan researched good breakfast places and we ended up at Katy's Place, famous for their eggs benedict. Nathan got corned beef hash eggs benedict and I got a pancakes, eggs, and bacon. It was extra-delicious because we sat outside on the patio to eat :)
The rest of the morning we walked around the town and explored many of the cute shops. The ambiance was so cute, I just can't even describe it... (but I will attempt to)
Each shop was different, some looked like little cottages and some were just cute in general, and they were all surrounded by gorgeous flowers. They had lots of clothing stores but my favorite was the monogramming store-- they had a plethora of luxurious robes, lavender scachets, and tea towels just waiting to be monogramed.
A little before noon, it was time to drive to San Jose to catch our flight back to Dallas... On the way, we stopped at a few more farmer's markets and soaked up the great California rays in the convertible.
We had such a fabulous trip!! It was great starting out in Yosemitie then moving to San Fran then ending in Carmel-- they each had something unique to offer and made for many fun adventures! Nathan and I were quite the travel buddies-- we haven't traveled much just the two of us but I've figured out Nathan likes to GO GO GO without stopping and little Molly can't handle that... I like to stop for a glass of tea every once in a while or actually SIT while we're eating. But we both want to cover as much ground as possible and have the same taste in what we want to see/do. I'm looking forward to many more adventures with Nathan!

I loved taking this trip with you & hate to see it end!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you two had a fabulous trip! You make me want to take Luke to the West coast. He's ready to visit San Diego! Y'all are just the cutest. :)
ReplyDeleteImmensely enjoyed the trip! You and Nathan travel like your mom and dad....quaint towns, small shops, and FOOOOOOD!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your wonderful experiences in California! I can't believe how many great sites you hit and how many fabulous meals you found. We loved Monterey and Sausalito as much as we loved San Francisco. I could stroll through China Town every day just for fun--not sure why, but I totally get that you like it. I have now put Yosemite on my must do soon list--gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I loved reading about y'all's trip. I've started telling Joey that we have to plan one for after he graduates. :)
ReplyDelete