Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorites

October is by far my FAVORITE month.  There are pumpkins right and left, you have an excuse to watch an endless amount of scary movies, leaves change colors (ok they just go from green to brown in TX), everyone gets a little kick in their step with the lowering temperatures, orange lights become perfectly acceptable to put on your house, oh and Nathan and my birthdays! (And now Kinsley's!)

To kickoff October, we went to an outdoor showing of The Birds for Hitchcocktober at the Angelika... Creeeeepy!  I will never look at birds the same.


Nathan and I have been able to get together for lunch a few times-- once we went over by the Farmer's Market and the pumpkins at Rubial's were calling my name :)


We drove up to Carrollton last week to see Nathan's grandfather perform one of his famous hillbilly skits!  He travels all around performing for many churches and we were lucky enough to be able to attend this one.  We had dinner, provided by the church, with Gangan, Mimi, and Danita and then enjoyed his hilarious skit.  Afterwards, we all went back to our house and celebrated Nathan's birthday & gave them a tour of our place.  It was definitely a great mid-week surprise!


I think Nathan would kill me if I put this on the blog... thank godness he doesn't read it :)  Last night he had 3 of his work friends over for a friendly game of poker while I was at Bible Study.  There are quite a few young Baylor attorneys that work with Nathan which makes for a not-so-dull workday.

4 comments:

  1. October is a truly awesome month!
    Looks like y'all are keeping busy with lots of activities and family which is all good:)

    p.s. bible study vs poker?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of the dudes! Thanks for letting them come over for poker night. I told John we can have people over to our place once we paint the dining room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, tell Nathan it's OK to play a good game of poker at your house. Actually, I happen to know LOTS of folks who would participate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That movie looked cool! I remember the pumpkins at the Farmers Market from last year! Definitely the best pumpkins I've ever found.

    ReplyDelete