Our Valentine's Weekend was perfect! Saturday Nathan played football with a bunch of guys from Watermark Church (possible broken finger is worth it) and I went to Tai Chi at the Asian museum.. We came back and took a nap and then went out for a little afternoon in the big D. We visited the sweet little flower market-- don't you love the picture above? Beautiful pansies with Patriot & Nathan walking in the top right corner.
I tried to take a cute picture of Patriot by the pansies but he just wouldn't have it. He misses his favorite photog, Martha.
Then we went to the Farmer's Market-- I just love this place, right in the middle of Downtown! This is our new favorite booth-- the lady lets you buy huge bag of mix and match fruits and veggies for $6. We ran a couple more errands then we headed back home to cook and watch a movie.
On Sunday after church we headed to White Rock Lake (along with everyone and their mother from Dallas) because this was the first nice, warm day of the year! Patriot trudged through the grassy water to fetch his toy.. He sure does love the water.
Then it was time for our Valentine's dinner!! We went to Oishii (my absolute favorite place in Dallas) where we had a schmorgesborg of sushi! Nathan looks a little goofy but he was mid-bite.
My sweet hubby bought me flowers yesterday... what a great way to celebrate our first Valentine's Day as a married couple... PRESH!
So are you asking why we didn't celebrate on Feb. 14th?
We had our FPU class last night and learned allll about "Cash Flow Planning"-- how romantical. Ha! But really, it's a great course and we're learning a lot! It first started out as a mandatory class (my dad sweetly/sternly advised Nathan during his can-I-marry-your-daughter-talk that we would have to take FPU within 9 months of marriage) but now it is something we look forward to every week. We get to meet with lots of other people in Dallas and discuss the best ways to save, pay off debt, invest, and other handy practices.
So happy Valentine's day/weekend to everyone!


I love to hear that someone else's father had "that talk" during the "can I marry your daughter" question, ha!
ReplyDeleteI need to come take Pate's portrait. Oh, and visit you too:)
ReplyDeleteLove your perspective in the first photo.
I agree with your sweet dad! You'll NEVER regret the time spent at Dave's class! Oh, and I LOVE your picture of the Farmer's market. Wish we had a place like that!!
ReplyDelete