This is my FOURTH day working from home due to the snow/ice situation in Dallas. You think I'd be tired of it, but I am a pretty happy girl to have a six day weekend.
The last three days have been very icy and gross so we've stayed in as much as possible. Although we did decide to go to the mall last night since we were getting a little cabin fever. About half of the stores closed at 5 PM because of the weather, so it was not very crowded! Please note that the weather didn't get bad until about midnight.... Oh how I love scared Texans! I can poke as much fun as I want, because I am one of them.
We have been renting movies... The Social Network which was amazing as well as Red... cooking... yes, you read that right, cooking... watching TV... thank goodness for DVR... and just relaxing.... Oh, and working :)
But, TODAY has been a glorious day because we got about 5-6 inches of fluffy snow. This snow is not the typical Texas snow-- like the sludgy brown mix we'd get in Waco-- this is beautiful, white snow.
Patriot was dreaming about snow this morning... And his dream came true...
The whole city is just covered!
Just to show how much snow we really got-- this is the most I've ever seen in Texas
We let Patriot off of his leash so he could run around the park-- he loved to eat the snow and dig in it
Ain't he precious? Obviously he's been nosing around in the snow.
My hubby and me
Patriot loooved running through the snow. He slipped around a little bit because there was a huge layer of ice underneath the snow.
Waiting for Nathan to throw him a snowball
And there he goes...
A year and a half ago we were standing on the shore of the Mediterranean...
And today we are married, standing on 5 inches of snow in Dallas! Aww memories :)
For those of you without snow, I hope these pictures make you feel like your snow day was really worth it!

Aww sounds like fun & pics are very good!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat update on the frozen north!
ReplyDeleteLove the "toes-comparison-pic!"
Stay warm!
You have a MUCH better attitude about being home-bound because of the snow that most of the other blogs I've read! You ole sweet thang!!
ReplyDelete