Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Typical Monday

Yesterday Nathan and I went to the Screen Door for dinner in the Arts District of Downtown Dallas... 
"Screen Door is a polished yet comfortable restaurant featuring interpretations of modern, market-driven and classic southern dishes..."   (screendoordallas.com)
Doesn't that just scream "Nathan" to you?
I surprised him with a reservation for their First Monday free tasting-- we got to try small portions of a quail and catfish dish which were amazing!  Nathan said he felt like he was on Top Chef.  Mission accomplished.
We were still a bit hungry afterwards so we ordered fried chicken with sausage gravy, collard greens and baked mac 'n cheese.  The plate in front of me was just half of our order!




Great meal and great company.

Speaking of great company, I surprised Nathan with the No Country for Old Men book by Cormac McCarthy from the library (man, I'm getting good at this...) and as he pulls it out to read tonight he asks if he can read the first part of the book to me... in an accent... because he reads every book in a different accent...

Oy vey.

3 comments:

  1. Fried chicken with sausage gravy??? YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening. Maybe he can recorded books on cd:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jad here -- glad he didn't read a book when we went fishing.

    ReplyDelete