Two weekends ago, 8 girls got together in Gun Barrel City, TX at Shay's lake house for some quality "girl time." As fairly new graduates in the working world now, it was a great escape and provided some much-needed relaxation! We laid out, read magazines, watch a chick flick, and snacked... a lot! I was so privileged to be invited by Shay (whom I work with and knew from DDD at Baylor) and as she said in her blog, it was a great mixture of new and old friends.
It's always fun to get ready with other girls! Unfortunately Nathan doesn't understand round brushes and hair dryers so this was a nice treat :)
There was LOTS of laughing at the lake house! (SM, Katie, and Shay were all roommates in college)
Dinner at Blue Burrito...
Followed by adventures at the local WalMart...
Sunday morning we headed to Canton for their First Monday trade days! We saw things like-- candles, cowgirl bling jewelry, and furniture to license plates, dishes, and old windows. Love it! (Shay and Amanda are Baylor/DDD friends-- I actually interned for Amanda at March of Dimes my senior year)
Megan lives in Waco and is moving to Dallas very soon! She's a Baylor bear, as well, and is good friends with Amanda.
SM and Katie are Baylor/DDD friends-- I'm actually Katie's "little ment" from DDD
We. love. kettle corn.
In addition to my 5 lb bag of kettle corn, I bought a jar of raspberry chipotle jelly (and I can't WAIT to pour it over some cream cheese and serve it with some Ritz crackers at a party).
It was a super fun weekend-- good conversations, good laughter, and just overall good fellowship with friends.

The value of a girls' weekend cannot be underestimated!
ReplyDeleteI should know:)
Isn't it amazing how even a trip to the local Walmart can turn into an EVENT when you're with a bunch of girlfriends??!!!!
ReplyDelete