After many months of planning, March for Babies was a huge success! It was a g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s day at White Rock Lake and we had about 40,000 people in attendance.
I have never seen such an amazing event as this! This was all made possible by a team of vendors, volunteers, and March of Dimes staff, and I'm so thankful that I could be a part of it.
 |
| Sweet Nathan woke up at 4:30 AM to help get the park ready on Saturday |
 |
| Yes, Grammy award winner, Kelly Clarkson, graced us with her presence! And she told SM she had nice legs. No lie. |
 |
| Look at all the people! It took about 30 minutes for everyone to cross the Start/Finish line. |
 |
| I have such a supportive family! |
 |
| Shay and me from the top of the bridge, overlooking the Start/Finish line. Best view ever... I was in awe of the magnitude of this event! |
 |
| Thanks for coming, Betsy and Brian! And thanks for waking up so early to help, Nathan :) |
It was a perfect day. Path of Hope signs lined the route, honoring and remembering over 100 babies born prematurely. The family teams tent was filled to the brim and the corporate teams tents were jammin'.
Being on staff at March of Dimes has allowed me to meet many families that have had premature babies, some who never were able to take their babies home from the NICU and some who have healthy, happy children now. They have all been affected by the March of Dimes and their stories will forever remain in my heart. I'm so thankful to have a hand in this event and I know we all look forward to the day when all babies are born healthy.
So cool. Glad it turned out well.
ReplyDelete