Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter decor

Although I do love decorating my home, it's kind of hard to store stuff in our tiny little place!  So I try to make do with what I have, add some special family heirlooms, and then spice it up with a new thing here and there.

This Easter, I am displaying my porcelain egg collection!  My grandmother has been giving my sister and me a hand-painted porcelain egg every Easter for about 20 years (plus a few bunny rabbits).  She also sends an egg to my mom and her bff Beth every year for Easter.  They are each labeled by year and are very unique!  It's a joy to look at them this year especially, since I finally have my collection in my own home.






Looks like my cup runneth over--- I had to use one of my Hobby Lobby bowls to display the rest of my porcelain egg collection!

I'm very thankful for this sweet family tradition!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! what a sweet family tradition and a great way to display it. I love your coffee table center pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat you have enough for two or more displays. Love the old blue Fenton glass and the new green pottery mixed with the eggs. And, of course, the brown container.
    Blue, green, brown.....mini me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eggs are just beautiful! That's such a wonderful tradition from your sweet grandmother!

    ReplyDelete