Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trip to the Shug

Nathan and I have been Lewis and Clark lately, lots of adventures for this family!  We started out a few weeks ago by driving to Houston to see family and friends and I stayed a few extra days for work.

I got to see precious little Grace Linnett and she was as cute as can be.  She slept almost the whole time I was there and looked like a little angel.  Lauren, Grace, and I went to Black Walnut Cafe in Katy and I got to see their beautiful new-ish house. 


Patriot really enjoys his time in the Shug... He gets lots of good sleep and seems to be very relaxed.


Since we don't have a dog park in Dallas with a pool, Patriot enjoyed this special treat.  He played fetch in the pool until he could swim no more... Then he just sauntered around the pool eyeing other dogs in his territory.


I love having fires in the fireplace... And so does my dad.  So when the temps were in the 60's (hey, that's cold!), we decided it would be a great idea to have a fire.


Saturday Nathan and I went to the rodeo!  I messed up and didn't get us tickets to the rodeo and concert, but we were able to go see the animals and the carnival.  Well, unfortunately there were hardly any animals there because the rodeo was almost over, but we still had fun :)  We got to see Muttin Bustin, rode the gondola, saw some piggies, and eventually met up with Cayla and James!  It was so great meeting James and catching up with Cayla.







Sunday my mom and I piddled around Houston... We met up with Ashley for lunch at a fun Mexican place and got caught up on life, blogs, and more!


Then we stopped by Cayla's new condo to check it out... What a view!


Nathan eventually headed home and I did a few days later... More adventures to come!

2 comments:

  1. What a great recap! So glad i got to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your massage in the middle of the mall!

    ReplyDelete