Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Mexcio- Part 3

He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

Our Easter was very unique this year... But perfectly "us."
We packed up all of our things Sunday morning and headed back home via Carlsbad Caverns.  On the way we listened to a little bit of a Catholic mass and then switched to The Cathedrals since it was Easter and all...

I made Nathan stop at a little snack stand on the side of the road because I felt bad they probably wouldn't get any business on Easter and boy am I glad we did!  They had a petting zoo and for the small price of $1, I got to feed the animals!  I was pretty popular with my little baggie of food... Even the little baby goats, pig, and alpaca were wanting in on the action.



Nathan thoroughly enjoyed the camel and almost got to fish in the stocked pond they had in the back.


We kept on driving and ended up at Carlsbad Caverns right before lunch time.




I LOVED going to Carlsbad Caverns... My inner GT nerd came out for sure with all the cool science stuff.  At one point the lights went out and Nathan and I both said "AWESOME!"  It was pitch black and then some emergency lights came on.  Turns out the wind knocked out the power but the lights slowly came back on.  (I think we can all agree that if my mom was in the cave when this happened, she would have screamed and flashed her camera until she found safety)


Before we headed back to Dallas, we stopped at a restaurant for a quick lunch.  My Easter lunch consisted of a chili dog with onions and fries.  Not your typical Easter lunch but it was perfect.


I love our little getaways and this one was no exception.  It's nice traveling with your best friend, especially if both of you are pretty flexible and adventurous.  And I'd say we both are :)

3 comments:

  1. I adore your Easter adventure! You two make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile. Until the lights out in the caverns part...not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is JAD on MKPD's computer: i'm really liking the Cathedrals and the chili dog w/ onions - and your mother guessed what I was going to write before I started. she almost snorted.
    sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete